From Farm to Table: The Irresistible Spiced Vanilla Pear Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups peeled and diced pears
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a separate larger bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and sour cream until well combined.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
7. Gently fold in the diced pears.
8. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. In the meantime, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if needed.
10. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top. Slice and enjoy!