Brown Butter Maple Bread with Maple Glaze: A Sweet Treat for the 12 Loaves of Christmas
Welcome back to the "12 Loaves of Christmas" series, where we're celebrating the holiday season with delightful bread recipes that will fill your home with warmth and the sweet aroma of freshly baked goods. In this installment, we're bringing you a recipe that combines the rich, nutty flavor of brown butter with the comforting sweetness of maple syrup. Get ready to savor the delicious Brown Butter Maple Bread with Maple Glaze - a festive treat that will undoubtedly become a cherished part of your holiday traditions.
*For the Bread:*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
*For the Maple Glaze:*
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Continue to cook the butter until it turns a golden brown color and has a nutty aroma. Be cautious not to let it burn. Once browned, remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter, maple syrup, and granulated sugar. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beating until the mixture is smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
*For the Maple Glaze:*
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until you have a smooth glaze.
2. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top. You can add chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, for extra crunch and flavor.
**Serve and Enjoy:**
This Brown Butter Maple Bread is a delightful addition to your "12 Loaves of Christmas" series. The browned butter imparts a rich, nutty flavor, and the maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness that makes this bread perfect for the holiday season. The maple glaze is the proverbial icing on the cake, adding a glossy finish and even more maple goodness.
Whether you enjoy it for breakfast with a steaming cup of coffee, as an afternoon snack, or as a delightful dessert, this bread is sure to please your taste buds and impress your loved ones. Share it as a gift or serve it at holiday gatherings, and watch as it quickly becomes a seasonal favorite.
As we continue our "12 Loaves of Christmas" journey, the Brown Butter Maple Bread with Maple Glaze has undoubtedly earned its place among the most delightful and scrumptious bread recipes for the holiday season. Its aromatic, buttery, and sweet characteristics make it a must-bake this Christmas. So, put on your apron, preheat the oven, and start creating delicious memories with this delectable holiday bread.