Brown Butter and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Loaf with Cinnamon Glaze
For the loaf:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue to cook until the butter turns a golden brown color and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove from heat, pour into a separate bowl, and allow it to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
4. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour in the brown butter and whisk until well combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. While the loaf is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, and milk in a small bowl. Add more milk if needed to achieve your desired consistency.
8. Once the loaf is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the loaf onto a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Drizzle the cinnamon glaze over the cooled loaf, allowing it to drip down the sides. Let it set for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delightful Brown Butter and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Loaf with Cinnamon Glaze!